Wednesday, June 25, 2008

had a terrible dream a few nights ago.

not really a nightmare, but just terrible.

i dreamt that i was back in primary school and as a primary school kid too.

and we were all having recess and everyone was crowding around the monkey bar waiting to have a go.

then this little kid, probably pri one or two, tried the bigger-sized monkey bar and he couldnt even reach the first rung even when he's tiptoeing. BUT he jumped forward, hoping to catch the third or forth rung.

and he missed...

and he fell flat on his face and was bleeing from his nose.

so everyone started laughing at him. and i joined in too.

yet the moment i started laughing at him, everyone stopped and started to point at me and mumble things like how i'm so heartless to laugh at the boy.

and everybody started ignoring me.

except for this classmate of mine.

i cant even remember her name, except that she's got super long and super straight hair.

and apparently she had the same hairstyle all the way from primary school to junior college.

but anyway, she was nice enough to talk to me, except that i cant hear her, so i told her to speak louder.

she said, "ok" then started speaking in japanese, which i completely do NOT understand. i kept telling her not to speak in jap. she'll say ok but still revert back to that.

somehow i knew i was in a dream.

and i was thinking to myself: "crap. this is one of those make-no-sense dream"

and she just kept on yakking away in jap and i just sat there like a fool, nodding at whatever she said.

well, in my dream, i was keeping track of time and i realised that we've sat like that for 9hrs. trust me, those 9hrs didnt just flash by. i lived through EVERY single second of it.

then all of a sudden, she's speaking english again: "can you climb a tree?"
for some reason, i told her yes and she told me to climb this particular tree.

which i did.

and then i thought it was stupid.

so i climbed back down.

when i'm back down, somehow she grew taller and taller.

and she told me to hold my left hand with my right.

i gave her the "???" look and she said, "just do it for me ok?"

ok. so i did. and i woke up immediately after that.

lol. really one of those make-no-sense dream.

=====

this morning's run was terrible.

i seem to have got my breathing rhythm all wrong.

so i was huffing and puffing away like an old man.

when i finished my 5km run, i took a look at my watch, expecting my timing to be worse than before.

but surprisingly, i finished the 5km jog in 18min flat.

i've shaved off 2min!!

it's not exactly very fast, but it's a new record and a personal best.

so i guess i have to learn to mess up my breathing rhythm.

No comments: